- J. Walter Larson and Boyana Norris,"A Draft Specification for Parallel Coupling Infrastructure (PCI)," Common Component Architecture Winter Meeting, San Francisco, 27-28 January, 2006.[PDF].
- J. Walter Larson and Boyana Norris, "Components for Solving the Parallel Coupling Problem," SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing in Scientific Computing (PP06), San Francisco, CA 22-24 March, 2006. [PDF].
- J. Walter Larson, "A Parallel Coupling Problem and Model Coupling Toolkit Primer," APAC Workshop on Coupled Models, Canberra, Australia 10 April, 2006. [PDF].
- J. Walter Larson, "Data Challenges in Climate Modelling," Australian Academy of Science Elizabeth and Frederick White Conference on Mastering the Data Explosion in the Earth and Environmental Sciences, Shine Dome, Canberra, Australia, 19-21 April, 2006. [PDF].
- J. Walter Larson, "Computational Issues in Coupled Climate and Multiphysics Models," CSIRO Mk3L Model Workshop, Climate and Environmental Dynamics Laboratory, University of New South Wales, 25-26 May, 2006. [PDF]
- J. Walter Larson, "Some Organising Principles for Coupling in Multiphysics and Multiscale Models," The 13th Biennial Computational Techniques and Applications Conference (CTAC '06), Townsville, Australia, 2-5 July, 2006. [PDF]
- Michael Tobis, Michael Steder, Robert L. Jacob, Raymond T. Pierrehumbert, Everest T. Ong, and J. Walter Larson, "PyMCT and PyCPL: Refactoring the Community Climate System Model Using Python," Python in Scientific Computing Workshop at The 13th Biennial Computational Techniques and Applications Conference (CTAC '06), Townsville, Australia, 6 July, 2006.[PDF].
- "The Parallel Coupling Problem," Advanced Computation and Modelling Seminar, The Australian National University, 1 May, 2006.[PDF].
- "Message-Passing Environment Utilities (MPEU)," ANUSF Seminar, 2 May, 2006.
- "Asleep at the Switch? The Case for Parallel Programming in the Analysis of Big Geophysical Data," Seminar, CSIRO Davies Laboratory, Townsville, Australia, 7 July, 2006.
- "Parallel Infrastructure for Coupled Models and Data Assimilation Systems," Seminar, BMRC, Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Melbourne, Australia, 10 August, 2006. [PDF]